Today, and my 36 week scan I was told that they are estimating the size of the pod at… 8 pounds, 9 ounces.
If you are like everyone else I’ve told today you are either laughing with me, or gasping in horror. Yes, these estimates can be wrong, way wrong. However, they can also be on the small size. To be completely honest, I think they’re a little on the big side. I mean, I look big, but I also know that I pretty good fluid levels, and that I feel “sloshy” when I walk. The ultrasound tech said that given my fluid levels that makes perfect sense. She could see it when I was walking. I’m thinking she’s more in the 7 pound something range, which could put her on track with big sister.
So, yeah. BIG baby. A thinks I’ll go at least until 37 weeks, likely closer to 39 and my scheduled c-section. My boss thinks she won’t see me tomorrow. I started hanging off stuff and she proceeded to try to make sure I handed off EVERYTHING. We find out tomorrow if I’ve dilated more, and likely get the confirmation that any regular contractions mean do not pass go, come in and have a c-section before it has a chance to become an emergency one. All of this wonderful speculation about the state of my uterus has me freaking out a bit about what I need to make sure I have, like right now. So, because the Internet is awesome, I’m going to write down my list and make y’all tell me what I am missing.
- Multiple outfits for coming home in a variety of sizes from 0-3 to 3-6.
- Diapers – Size 1, not Newborn… hahahahah!!
- Diaper pail (a must with a dog in the house)
- Car seat protector
- Blankets (including the quilt I made and things to swaddle with)
- Pacifiers of my favorite variety, though I will again try to avoid them unless needed.
- Other clothes that are washed that should cover us until I get the bin out of the attic (unless I do that tonight)
- A couple of bottles with a couple more in my Amazon cart just in case (I, like Christine, will not wait until 3 months just to go through hell this time) After a friend had emergency surgery like days after giving birth, I will never discount the wise choice to have some around just in case.
- Carrier (Becco, in case you were wondering)
Things I totally just remembered while typing this up:
- Travel changing pad of some variety, or new diaper bag that has one
- Wipes?!?! How did I forget wipes…
- Present for M from new baby sister – I’m thinking maybe another fucking pillow pet…
OK, what am I forgetting?