2011 didn’t suck, overall, but it wasn’t my best year as far as taking care of myself goes. I would love to be one of those people who does pregnancy well, who runs marathons at 36 weeks, but that just isn’t me. It takes a toll on me, physically, emotionally. The payoff, is awesome. She’s a fun easy going kid who gives hugs, gets excited to see me, and loves her whole family, especially the face licking dog.
So, 2012, is about getting myself healthy again. Toddlers, are a lot of work. Active toddlers, even more so. She’s already about to crawl at six months, and I need to be ready to take on a motivated and mobile kid. I’m going to turn thirty-five this year, I’m in my 35th year, so it just isn’t going to get any easier. Now or never so to speak. So, for the year I turn 35, 35 things I WILL do this year to help improve myself.
1. Walk more.
2. Run again.
3. Run at least one 5K.
4. Eat more vegetables
5. Give up soda again.
6. 30 Day Shred – I am Jillian’s Bitch.
7. Find a therapist I like.
8. Talk to therapist about having been abused.
9. Talk to a therapist about my batshit crazy mother
10. Get my tonsils removed. Those bitches are going down!
11. Breastfeed this baby until she is at least a year old, then wean her and not feel bad about it.
12. Spend more time getting to know my almost five year old. Like really get to know her, not just be her mom.
13. Take more deep breaths (both literally & figuratively)
14. Use the online community to help me reach my goals (I’m talking about y’all, and twitter…)
15. Embrace my geek.
16. Have more sex. (with my husband… duh)
17. Go back to the endocrinologist regularly.
18. Learn how to use my serger.
19. Make clothes for my kids and myself.
20. Be the best aunt ever and design cool clothes for my niece’s AG doll.
21. Make a couple of new friends.
22. Create a sewing area in the basement.
23. Dance more.
24. Take more naps.
25. Advocate more, for mental health issues, for those who need the rest of us to be there for them.
26. Laugh more.
27. Clean my desk.
28. Keep my desk clean.
29. Remove more clutter from my physical space.
30. Read more to/with my kids.
31. Eat less red meat.
32. Learn how to poach fish.
33. Support more local businesses.
34. Go to parks more.
35. Wear my Wonder Woman shirt in public proudly.