I wasn’t kidding about that whole better me thing. I’m determined to find the motivation that got me up off of my ass and working out and running before. If I can be stubborn about so many other things in my life, I think I can put it to work for my health again. So, every week, short term goals. Little things. Make a list of five goals, try to get three of them accomplished. Not just fitness goals, clean up the house goals, personal me time goals, make the world a better place goals. Little small steps, right? Any suggestions for goals, ways to pull some of them off, appreciated of course.
- Goal 1: Get all of the Christmas garbage out of the house. This means all of the packaging that Santa left in the basement, the incriminating pink corduroy fabric, etc, cleaned up.
- Goal 2: Plan healthy meals Monday-Friday. Oh yes, and actually go and buy the ingredients.
- Goal 3: Hang up my backpack & coat every day when I get home from work. (What? Shut-up)
- Goal 4: If it isn’t too icy out (freezing rain out there right now) go for a walk outside at least two times (two days off) this week. If I can do this. See just where I stand on the whole 30 Day Shred thing. Can I even do it at all.
- Goal 5: Take a car load of stuff to donate. I may try to do a 365 items purged goal this year.
Because of course rewards are a motivation (and I need little things to keep myself from making my reward in the form of chocolate cake), for each week, a reward.
Reward: New patterns for the serger.