1. School has started! My baby is a kindergartener. Except she hasn’t been my baby for a long time. She loves it. Her teacher has called her a rock star and an enthusiastic learner.
2. Our after school dilemma was resolved. Squeaky wheels get attention, and we have her in full day at the rec center by our house. To help out the rest of the hood, they are opening another Rec Plus site close to us. After school only, but with busing to our school. I hope this is a real benefit for other families. I am more than willing to to be the fly in the ointment because I have the means and access to do it. Just dare me to.
3. We had our first inpatient hospital stay with either kid this last week. H had pneumonia. (which I can now spell without issue) It was mild, she likely would have been fine without the hospital, but I am thankful for the peace of mind it brought. She is on the mend, even trying to delay bedtime tonight just to prove it. Everyone else in the house is still a bit sick, but we’re getting better. I always have had nothing but love and support for moms who’s kids are hospitalized regularly, either from birth or later on. Even more so now. You guys are rock stars of the parenting world.
4. Political season is upon us. I know exactly where I stand, as apparently does most of the country. All I can say is, vote. Or STFU. Those are your choices. Also, if you come out swinging with hate and vitrolic rhetoric, I will block your ass. I’m all about the love and support. That being said, thank god for the DVR. If I have to watch another political ad from either side I’m gonna hurl.
5. I am going to get back to the gym. As soon as I can breathe. Having M not in full time daycare had cleared up enough room in the budget to make it work. I am going with a Y membership because then M will get swimming lessons, they have child care, and then I will have more buddies to work out with. Now if the local membership guy wasn’t a douche. I may have to join somewhere other than by my house. Perhaps by work.
6. It is Saturday night and I’m sitting on my computer on the couch. We haven’t had the TV on all day. It feels great. I would be reading on my Kindle if the battery wasn’t low actually. I think we need more TV free days.
7. I’ve been sewing for H quite a bit when I have time. It seems silly to spend money on t-shirts for her when I can sew them easily & cheaply. However, the default T is getting boring. I need ideas for funky fun applique to put on them. Thoughts?
8. Now that I’ve passed 5, I think I need 10 things.
9. I’ve got a bunch of baby gear that needs a home. I have two bouncy seats (one girly, one neutral) a swing (neutral & plug in), a mini-cosleeper (with screened in cover, good for protection from bugs… and cats) it doubles as bassinet, a couple of walker toys, folding changing table, etc. I know donation rules are funky, so does anyone know somewhere that would take them or a new/soon to be mom that needs to be outfitted? I want them to go to a good home, not get trashed.
10. Speaking of good homes, we have neighbors, like home owning ones, for the first time since we moved in here almost 8 years ago. The house was finally properly rehabbed, the yard was redone, and they are moving in. They are young and seemed cool enough. Please, please, please let them not be crazy. I long for neighbors that I can talk to more, like I hear actually exist.